) Imagery/Visualization for Stress
done at University of Pittsburgh Pain Evaluation and Treatment Institute concluded that the distraction approaches can be
classified into five groups
- Pleasant images - Conjure up peaceful, pain-free visions.
- Dramatized images - Envision situations that use the pain as part
of the script (for example, imagining that you are a wounded spy trying to escape your captors).
3. Neutral images - Think of your plans for the weekend.
4. Focusing on the environment - Instead of paying attention to
your body, count the ceiling tiles or plan how to redecorate the room, etc.
5. Rhythmic activity - Example: Counting, singing, etc.